This week has been all about writing. I am now probably 2/3 of the way through the 400 page A4 refill pad I’m hand-writing my book onto, and typing up as I finish each chapter. Current word count is around 20,000 words!! Hopefully it’s getting better as it goes.
This week I’ve been reading (links to Goodreads)
- Challenge of the Mind (Ryohu Okawa)
- Emotions Explained with Buff Dudes (Andrew Tsyaston)
- Drawn to Sex (Erika Moen and Matthew Nolan)
- Super Chill: A Year of Living Anxiously (Adam Ellis)
- Hellicious v1 (Mina Elwell)
- The Phantom of the Opera (Gaston Leroux)
- Draw Manga (Sweatdrop Studios)
- Supremacy’s Shadow (T. Eric Bakutis)
- Dinosaur Jazz (Michael Panush)
- Manga Classics: Les Miserables (Stacy King)
- Tardy Bells and Witches Spells (Sarina Dorie)The Lady in the Cellar (Sinclair McKay)
- Illuminating Silence (Master Shen Yeng and Dr John H Crook)Circe – Madeline Miller
That’s quite a lot for one week!
- Book Review: Supremacy’s Shadow (T. Eric Bakutis) – If you like a good space-warfare action read, then this is definitely the book for you.
- Personal: Study Journal – I’m starting uni again in a week or so and I’m gonna blog about it.
- Book Review: Dinosaur Jazz (Michael Panush) – Panush has absolutely nailed the feel of the genre (pulp adventure), and written a really entertaining story to boot.
- Book Review: Tardy Bells and Witches Spells (Sarina Dorie) – An entertaining story about a little outcast geek who wants to be a witch.
- Book of the Month (September 2018) – The Whale Rider – Witi Ihimaera
Books added to the collection this week (links to Goodreads)
3 songs that had me hooked this week (Links to YouTube)