This week the heat destroyed me brain and I got very little done – but I got a solid plan written for my novel (6000 in one evening, yes!), so it’s not been all bad. I also realised that book twitter is the best twitter of all.
This week I’ve been reading (links to Goodreads)
- The Boy Who Went Magic (A.P. Winter)
- Notes on a Nervous Planet (Matt Haig)
- The Last Chance Hotel (Nicki Thornton)
- Bodhisattva of Compassion: The Mystical Tradition of Kuan Yin (John Blofeld)
- 1984 (George Orwell)
- Book Review: Notes on a Nervous Planet (Matt Haig) – This book takes a good, hard look at anxiety, grabs it by the collar and yells “Not today!”
- #FanArtFriday – This week featuring the lovely Wendy Corduroy from Disney’s Gravity Falls (Also, I’m super pleased with this one…)
- Book Review: The Last Chance Hotel (Nicki Thornton) – A twisting, turning magical who-dunnit – a really excellent read!
Books added to the collection this week (links to Goodreads)
- Discovering Kwan Yin, Buddhist Goddess of Compassion: A Path Toward Clarity and Peace (Sandy Boucher)
- Kuan Yin: Accessing the Power of the Divine Feminine (Daniela Schenker)
- Kuan Yin: Myths and Revelations of the Chinese Goddness of Compassion: The Prophecies of the Goddess of Compassion (Martin Palmer, Jay Ramsay, Kwok Man-ho)
As you can see there was a bit of theme…
3 songs that had me hooked this week (Links to YouTube)