This week I’ve been getting back into the swing of things. It’s been far too hot, and I don’t do heat, so I’ve not had much concentration. But I’ve been doing things. I started my novel (an older children’s sci-fi / adventure story), became a student again (Open University, round 2!!) and tried to make a mental health recovery…it’s been busy is what I’m getting at!
This week I’ve been reading (links to Goodreads)
- No Mud, No Lotus – Thich Nhat Hanh
- The Boy Who Went Magic – A.P. Winter
- Notes on a Nervous Planet – Matt Haig
- 1984 – George Orwell
- The Grace of Kings – Ken Liu
- Bodhisattva of Compassion: The Mystical Tradition of Kuan Yin – John Blofeld
- #FanArtFriday – This week featuring Dr Who (specifically, Nine, my favourite doctor)
- Book Review: No Mud, No Lotus (Thich Nhat Nanh) – A collection of personal experiences, Buddhist teachings and mindfulness practices to help heal the suffering of the world.
Books added to the collection this week (links to Goodreads)
3 songs that had me hooked this week (Links to YouTube)